Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Trip to Walmart

March 23

Hooooolllllaaaa from Argentina

So this week was pretty good.  We had some good leccions with some people and might be having another baptism this week.  We are not sure if this will happen since the people have to come to church twice and they have been in other places the past week.  We will have to talk to the President to see if they have done everything that they need.

PDay was good this past week.  We walked all the way to the other Elder's place to chill with them.  Things were good, cooked some really good meat.  Tuesday we had a reunion de zone in Resistencia.  It is always good that we can leave and get away.  My companion wanted to go and by some rain boots   so we called the President to see if we could to shopping after the conference.  So after the conference we were off.  We went to Walmart!  Yes there is a Walmart here.  When we got to the store they had to zip tie my backpack so I would shoplift anything.  My comp wanted to get in and get out, but I was like hey we may never get back here again, lets walk around!  The other elders were with us as well.  As we were shopping, a woman came up to me to ask me a question.  She thought that I worked at Walmart!  I certainly could't pass this up.  She asked where cleaning supplies were located so I walked her over to where she needed to go and pointed out all the different options and talked to her about what she could get.  Then she asked about where the wine was located.  So I took her over to that section, but I told her that the wine here was not good for her and that she should replace wine with something else to drink.  Then I took her over to the grain section and talked about how healthy this was for her.  She finally left without buying anything.  The other elders were laughing and couldn't believe what they had just seen.  Maybe I should come home and be a salesman.  On our way through the store I saw doughnuts.  No way, haven't seen them in such a long time.  I had to buy them!!!!  I got those and I finally bought an umbrella.  We finally found the special car that could drive us back to our apartment.  It is about an hour ride.  It was a fun day and night.

The other night we had a huge storm.  It was really big.  We were having a lesson with a woman and all of a sudden the lights went out.  The woman was freaking out.  The first thunder strike hit BOOOOOOM!!!!!.  She got up and ran out of the room.  I looked at met comp and was like what just happened.  5 minutes later she came back into the room.  She doesn't like storms.  The lightening and thundering kept on coming all through our lesson.  The lights went out again so we decided it was time to go home.  She looked at us like we were crazy that we were going to go out in the storm and walk home.  I rolled up my pants and got my stuff in a plastic bag and said okay lets walk.  The streets were like a river, but didn't bother me.
We couldn't see anything.  When the lightening comes it lights up everything so we could see the street for about 2 seconds at a time.  The thunder was soooo loud!  Right when we got to our pension and were climbing up our stairs, 2 blocks away the lightening hear a pole and lit up the world.  We just ran inside.  It was intense.

This Sunday was good.  We had our progressing investigators bring her mom to church.  She is a little loco and doesn't follow things very well.  She is used to saying blessing on everything and amen to everything.  We also had a young boy come with us .  His name is Ismael.  This week was good for teaching.

things here are good.  Excited to hear about Alex and her mission call and all the other boys in the ward putting in their papers.  Love ya all.  Thanks for everything.  I will send pics next week.

Chou!

No comments:

Post a Comment