Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Spirit and Matia / Lost Keys

March 3

This week went by fast.  We had a district meeting in Resistencia this week.  This means that in the morning we don't have time to do much since it is an hour ride there.  A special guy comes to pick us up.  His name is Laucha.  Rained all day long.  It is always good to get away and see some new people.  After the meeting some of the missionaries in our area had to go to a special bank.  That bank is about an hour away.  So they left for the bank which left me and my companion in the city.  We got to walk the street of Resistencia. It was sooo crazy.  So many people.  It was fun to chill out there for a little bit.


The other day we had this investigator named Matia.  He is about 300 pounds and is 18 years old.  My companion had taught him earlier in his mission but then hadn't been back to him for a little bit of time. We went back and found him and taught him the lesson of resurrection.  He really liked it.  We gave him a Book of Mormon.  We went back to see him a couple of days later and he had forgotten what he was suppose to read.  We asked him to read again.  He started reading that night and read the first 15 chapters of Nephi!  Yeah!  Was so sick.  Asked him about being baptized on March 15.  He told us that he had prayed and had not received an answer.  He was pretty mad that he had not received an answer. A couple of days went by and nothing.  He prayed every night before he wend to bed.  One night he woke up around 3am to get some water.  He saw his little brother on the couch watching soccer.  He said that he watched the tv for a little bit and then tried to go back to bed but couldn't.  He told us that all he could think about was the church and out message that we had talked about.  He felt so calm.  I told him "That is the Espiritu Santo!!"  Yeah said he really want to be baptized!  We told him he needed to come to church.  He said that he would try.  My comp wanted to leave at 7 am to go pick him up, but I told him that no one is going to be up at that time.  Sunday came and we clapped his house and no answer.  We waited outside his door for about 45 minutes.  We clapped again and his little brother answered the door.  That was Miracle number 1.  His little brother usually sleeps until noon.  Then his brother went and woke Matia up.  Miracle number 2.  Matia came and talked to us and said that he would come to church.  We noticed that his moto outside, the chain had fallen off and we knew he couldn't walk all the way to church.  So we left him at home a little depressed.  But soon enough here comes Matia at church all cleaned up.  When we talked to him about how he got to church he said that he had just taken his dad's moto.  Miracle number 3.  Then his aunt was at church the same day with her son.  She hasn't been to church for a very long time.  Mirachle number 4.  Matia loved church.  He invited us back to his house on Monday to play a little soccer with him.  Was soooooo fun. He had invited some of his friends to play with us.  Just tried to play calmly since we aren't suppose to play "games" with the natives.  All the boys thought I played pretty good.  Wondered if I was really from Brasil.  They all say that I have an accent like Brazilians.  They wanted me to speak in Portuguese, but I told them I was too shy.  That was a great time.  I am excited for Matia.

Earlier in the week we got ready to leave the pension and I am in charge of the keys.  We love on the second floor and with an little alleyway down the middle.  We we have two keys, one for the apartment and one for the front gate.  We got our stuff and I shut the door.  You need to have a key to open the door because there are no handles on the doors.  You insert the key and twist.  I shut the door and I forgot the keys.  We were locked out of our apartment and locked inside the gate.  We just stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out what we were going to do.  I remembered on the side of our apartment our bathroom window is always open.  It is not a big window at all.  I was like, alright here we go.  There is a small ledge on the side of the house so I had to climb up on that to get to the roof where I could lower myself down into the window.  Got up there no problem.  Looked down from the roof and it was a long way down.  So the roof was a little bit further out from the side of the house so I was going to have to drop down and then swing myself into the window.  I lowered myself down so I could touch the bottom of this little window.  I am hanging there and really just barely hanging on.  I knew that I could not get back up so I was committed.  I had to find some way to swing my feet into this little window.  I tried some different ways, but I couldn't get it to work.  Then I had an idea.  If i swung myself a couple of times I could time it and put my fee through the window, then let go and hopefully sit on the window sill. I knew this may not be the best idea, but it was the only thing I could think of.  My comp is watching and shaking his head.  I take a deep breath and boooom I swing my legs, let go and I am landing hard on the window sill in the sitting position.  It hurt so bad!  Then because of the momentum I started to fall backwards.  I grabbed the side of the window and  pulled myself through.  See no problem.  I made it in.  Got the keys and we were off.

This week the weather had been good.  It rained for about 4 days hard and I am yet to buy an umbrella.   With the parties still happening, Lunes y Martes, we have to be in our pension at 7.  Already seen people getting drunk.  Got a little homesick this week, but all is good.  Kalina the one that is in the picture does't have interest in being baptized but we showed her a movie about Cristo so we will see how things go.  We had her pray with us for the first time.

Love you guys.  Thanks for everything but can't wait for did de Madre on Skype.  Love ya.

Chou!

No comments:

Post a Comment