Saturday, December 7, 2013

November 10

  Things at home seem crazy and fun!  Seems like a lot is going on…  tell SJ to work on her touch in soccer kick a ball agains the wall out side and try to control it and just keep working on that and tell her to look to pass and not hog the ball, coaches like when they see hustle and good passing and touches… Tell Emmy to have fun in school because when it's over it's over!  Tell her to live in the now!  Yeah wished Dad took a shot at the deer have a feeling he will get one soon…  mom keep it up!  Wish the Utes were doing better…

  Okay for things going on here, so everyday we get up and I work out I hope I don't get fat at all that is one of my biggest fears but I know that if I keep doing what I am doing I won't.  Then we do study and head to…  so my comp and I are spoiled.  We have lunch with members 5 times out of the week so its good not having to buy any food.  The member are really the nicest people ever.  Most of the time my comp just talks and I sit there and enjoy the day dream cause they just talk about random things and it's hard when I haven't heard any of those words before…  food here is not super crazy to eat.  We always eat pasta or some type of chicken and some other things that I'm not sure what they are but I don't really think I want to know……..

  We walk everywhere!  We have appointments with people but most of the time they use fall through.  During La Siesta (nap time) we have a hard time because people always say that they are Catholic and don't really let us in.  Sometime they come out and talk to us cause we have cool accents and they like hearing us talk.  But not so much what we have to say.

  We have found this person that really has been prepared by the Lord.  Her name is Soledad and we have been teaching her for about 4 weeks now and she really is keeping our commitments that we give her.  She had 2 kids and she's about 28.  Her littlest one reminds me about the little Olson in our ward, she even has the hair for it, and she loves loves her older brother who is 11 and she's about 4 or 5 no se but it's really funny to see the two together.  She has a boyfriend living with her and he is really addicted to drugs.  She is really trying to find a place to move and wants to get away from hims cause she he gets crazy when he gets drunk.  One of the member, without us even having to ask, came with us to the lesson and is looking for a house for her to live in.  Soledad just needs a job, her boyfriend won't let her but she is getting close!  She is almost baptized she just needs to leave her boyfriend.  So this Saturday we will see how things go.  The people we teach generally listen to us but we just have a hard time getting back to them.

  The other day we were teaching and ended around 9:15 pm and we were about 20 minutes walk to our house (pent ion) and we had to be there by 9 the latest at 9:30 so we had to run.  Running with a backpack filled with scriptures and pamphlets and a whole lot of thing.  My comp isn't as in shape as I was but we had to keep running.  Boom!  we go off running.  As we were running we came to a gang of dogs that were in our way and it would take to long to get around them so we had to go through them!!  All the dogs looked up and started to growl at us my comp said he had a bad feeling about this. But I says, "Hey the Lord put these dogs here to see if we could survive lets do this!  I took them head on, one came and tried to get my leg but dodged him pretty easy…  this little one was coming from my side and I pulled a Reggie Bush and jumped right over him!  (IT WAS AWESOME!!) then another one came up my left flank and I had to run on the side walk and he went for my comp.  The final dog was this fat pit bull, so i was shuffling my feet doing little steps faking right left right left right left and he then he came close and I faked left and went right (Just like I do in basketball.) the tiny legs of the dog couldn't handle the turning so fast and tumbled down on to the street.  So we ran around the corner and we were safe.  It was pretty exciting!  Then it turned into a movie and we had to cross the street and run through people cause this was the time of day where people come to and shop.  My comp all of a sudden stopped, I'm not sure why, then got to the other side and kids were in our way.  So he started screaming in English and Spanish and the kids parted like the Red Sea.  (So that makes my companion Moses right?)  Ran around the corner and saw the house, ran up to the door, got inside at 9:28pm.  WE MADE IT!  We were so sweaty I had to go into the laundry room and sit in a bucket of cold water.  I decided that we made history.

  Other then that not much is going one here it rained again but the water is nice and warm.  When I where a jacket I sweat.  I get more wet inside the jacket then I do in the rain.  Loved you all talk to you next week!

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment