Saturday, December 7, 2013

American Thanksgiving


  Another week down. Or I should say another month down. It is crazy how time is flying by.. this 14th it will be my 4 month hit. So yeah will be pretty exctiting. Sometimes I just want to speed up time so I can just have all of these memories and come home but yeah time is really flying by. Answering your questions real fast. I havent gotten the package yet but I think it is just around the corner. I can feel a little Christmas around the corner but not yet. We eat 4 times out with the members so it is nice not having to buy food or anything like that so yeah. I just wash my socks cause when I give it to the memebers sometimes I am missing some and other times some get added to just washed socks. The language is a whole lot better. I look at myself coming and when I was having a hard time saying Estadios Unidos but now I can talk to people so I am trying to remember vocab but it will come I know it will just take time. Transfers is like in a 2 or 3 weeks so I will get a new comp. I am trying to get more photos just seems so normal to me now but I will take more. The food here is good kind of have the same thing everyday but that's okay!
Today this inactive and non member family made us pizza for lunch was pretty good
  So it was Thanksgiving here in Argentina and they dont celebrate it or anything. So I just explained to the Latinos and how it all works out. They thought it was weird but they love food so they liked that part! So when I got back to the house I said no I am having a Thanksgiving Dinner. So I made rice and Eggs and some noodle thing and something else.. forgot but was good. Set a small table for myself and made it all nice and clean and made some lemonade and found a pic of a turkey and set it as a place mat and had my own Thanksgiving dinner. Was great my comp just wanted to read scriptures so I left him. The other Elder was talking to my comp and the Native comp that is my bud just had dinner with me but had something else to show him an American Thanksgiving. 

So something new so.. our schuduel is changed. We wake up at 7 now and have personal study at 830 then go out  at 9 or something and work and have lunch with the members and come back and study during the La Siesta (nap time) cause it is getting hot here. Then lights out at 11 instead of 1030 so we will see if I like this but hate to say it I like waking up at 630 just the mornings go faster.

Last week I had an Asado with the member cause it was his birthday. (BBQ) so they cook on the ground have this cool stove thing and cook it on the ground. All this meat in the world was sooo good then had this homemade cake and this weird icecream but lets just say after I had to stay in the bathroom for quite sometime.

Had this huge activity with all these members and investigators. We played games all over the small church. So we had this Argentina game had no idea at one station, mine was musical chairs, and the other was Signs. These people hate to loose so when music chairs came they all were pushing fighting and shoving.. was really crazy!! Our floor is slippery so people were sliding everywhere and just was a blast to see! Then at the end we did Charades they acted out like different people from here and America. We had one of the hermana missionaries act out Justin Bieber and this kid got it like in 2 seconds was kinda weird but was funny! Guess the people hate Justin Bieber cause he had a concert here and steped on the flag.. wow.. 
Got really bored so I tried acting like a dog.. my comp didnt like that
  Sunday was like Stake Confresnce but they dont have like that so it was called District something and Pres. Heyman came and talked to us and the members and the other branches so we had like 80 people here. Was okay but after we had so much down time in our house. That day it rained soooo hard I thought it was like WWIII or something. The lighting was striking right in front of us. Was sooo loud was crazy! I spent all morning trying to get a picture but couldnt get a good one. Ummm nothing really just that we do have Zone Confrences every 3 months and its like a toss up if I get to see Hunter. Haven't seen him since we got seprated to our areas. Dont know where he is. But at the end of the month we have this huge gift exchange in Resistencia with every missionary so we will see how that is going to be fun!!! And they said I get to skype you guys on Wednsday just needs to get closer so we can get a time but Love you guys!! Thats really all, hope things are going good at school and tell Emmy to just make things fun.  Tell SJ just to keep her touch for soccer and Dad's Santas look way cool you will need to tell me about that. Mom thanks for all the updates love ya miss ya... Just wait soon I will be half way then done and I will be all yours!
During the rain storm
Elder Webster





No comments:

Post a Comment