Monday, January 13, 2014

January 5, 2014


Well hello family Webster,

Umm okay I will start off with New Years. We had to be back to our pentch at 8 in the night cause yeah the streets were crazy ill get that in a little. We did our work and got back and planned for the next day.. we really had nothing else to do.. my Comp has a rubix cube so he tried to teach us that. Took forever but I can finally do one!! Elder Brough (he lives in the other room) we were trying so hard to do it that night.. so was about 11:30 and we could hear fireworks going off all night but we kept watching the clock. Everyone started to get lazy and lay on the beds and go to sleep. I said Elder Brough you better not go to sleep here, he said no way I am missing this. So about 11:50 we got onto the roof. Just me and Elder Brough cause everyone else feel asleep.. and started to count down and hit midnight and the sky just glowing with fireworks! We have a good open view and we could just see everyone it was just crazy.. kids in the streets shooting themselfs with roman candles and throwing like bombs at passing cars, was a sight to see. About 5 mins in to this maddness Elder Brough and I saw this bright light out of our corner of our eyes and looked and just got huge. Was like this huge fireball that was getting bigger and brighter. Then all of a sudden.. BOOOOM! The power exploded right across the street! Shook the ground. We could hear everyone say like wow, what is up, all that fun stuff in Spanish. Everyone stopped with the fireworks cause it was pitch black we couldnt see anything. Really have no idea why everyone just stopped. Then all of a sudden this kid lights a huge firework like what we see on 4th of July screams Feliz Año Nuevo!! And the sky just got lit up with fireworks. So many were going off so loud so many things were just going on. About 45mins things were still going and we decided to go to sleep. Went into our room and was just sooo hot.. cause we had 6 Elders sleeping in there. Everyone wanted to sleep together. So I got a nice soft blanket put it outside and went to sleep on floor of our balcinie. About 2 hours in power got put back on and I climbed into bed. Was a fun night.

We dont have any zone confrences yet but the 14th we have a interview with the Presedent. We have one every 3 months so that will be something. Same with zone confrences every 3 months so in about a month in a half we will have one if I dont get transfered.

About Martin. We have tried last week to baptize him and he had to go on the trip thingy, so this week we called him in the morning and said yes it will all be good things are working out. Called him in the afternoon and said si things are great ill be there. The baptizm started at 6 and told him to meet us at the Capilla.. church and no show.. about 625 rolls around and we decided to call him and Soledad finally answers her phone. She said or Martin went with his other Dad to go play soccer. We were so pissed. So hermano Agonil shows up.. and took the phone from us. (He is the one that got her a new life pretty much) and just gave her the cane for everything. Soledad isnt really keeping her covents with the lord and being lazy with everything so he just gave it to her. All in all we didnt get to baptize Martin this week.. which is a bummer. We are going to have a lesson with her and Agonil to see what is up with everything so yeah.. 

Later that night we had a youth activity. All the youth came and set up a Volleyball net and started playing. They wanted us to play and so we did cause we thought you cant play competive soccer or basketball. Called the ZLs about 10mins later and they said no.. we had to stop. These people are so funny when they dont really know how to play a sport. After that the kids and some adults just sat around and didnt really do anything. I had to do something. I got a soccer ball and just started juggling it. One of my favorite boys came over and juggled with me. He is from the Agonil Family. Then his little brother came over. I started to do some tricks to show off a little but these kids were good. They said I am good for a gringo. Then they said lets play keep away.. they said that it is not playing hard to passing it around. Another person came over so we play keep away. My comp kept eyeing me and said just passing not playing or anything. Was so much fun I miss soccer so much. I kept putting between the persons legs when they tried to get it. And here if you do it to people that is humilating to them. They were laughing so hard just having such a good time! Then they wantd to play this game on how to score on the goalie. I will have to try to learn it more cause they spoke so fast and couldnt understand them that well. But they said that I was pretty good just need to practice more. I was like I am on a mission and said what is stopping ya? Laughed about that. 

I am trying to send some pictures but my card wont accept it. Think it might have a small bug on it when I tried last week in this cafe so I am giving it to one of my good Elders that just knows computers left and right and can fix anything so I will keep trying and when I do I will send a ton so dont worry they are coming!!

Well almost my 5 months and just feel like the I left yesterday. I always think about home and want to be ther but am having a great time here. Things will go fast once I hit a new area and get more comps. Well love ya all tell Reenne Hi love how she is so intrested. Cant wait to see her and just talk Spanish with her, love that family so much!! Love you guys hope things are going well love getting pictures and hearing what everyone is doing. Tell freaking ANDONIE to write me, you call his mom and make him write me! But thanks Ill let you know if I get my packetage or something!!
CHO!

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment