Thursday, September 5, 2013

Birthday and Tie Trading

Family,
  Well hello family!  I really can't than you guys so much for getting me those gifts!  I really felt like I was at home with you guys!!  All that origami stuff was amazing, Yoda?  Priceless!  (Thanks Emmy, it was awesome!)  Love all of the stuff you sent, still trying to figure out how to use some of it, but the best!  We are putting up the mini-hoop, but people just are so uncoordinated it's so weird to me!  The bagels made me so happy!  Too bad it was fast Sunday, I couldn't eat it until dinner.  The ties are so sick, all the people on my floor wanted my ties!  Feels good!  Thank you and for the tie clip!  Just what is up with that little baby thing that you guys sell at The Red Balloon, it was funny, thanks dad!  Elder Mossom laughed for about 10 mins it was great!  Just everything in there made my day so much bettere thank you guys so much!  Love ya!!!
  Well, the night before our floor was doing a "tie trade" so everyone got their ties and put them around their neck and walked around till you saw one you liked!  There was about 12 kids with so many ties, it was crazy.  Michael Driggs (played Oly soccer) told me to go get mine.  I was nervous cause I didn't know what to do.  So I got them all and walked around.  Started trying to get one that was sick but the guys said is was his favorite.  Then five minutes in I was surrounded by people trying to get my ties, like I mean EVERYONE!  Most of them are going to Milan so they want those skinny ties which I have!  I just played so hard to get, everyone was getting mad!  But this one Elder brought out this paisley light blue thin tie, another thin orange tie, and this tie that had a couple of polkadots on it.  It was pretty sweet!  He wanted my light blue one and this purple one so bad, I didn't want to give it way but I wanted his...  We talked for about 30 mins then we made the trade, I got the peacock one with that blue and orange tie, which to me was a nice trade.  Those other guys were just trying so hard to get these other ties from me, but I couldn't my ties were to fresh/clean to give any more up.  But this one kid was a die hard U of U fan and he traded for the Utah one I had the ties are pretty nice that I got.  Good for trading I guess!  But yeah was a really neat experience!
  Besides that we had another Devotional at the Marriot Center and Elder Neil A.  Andersen cam and spoke to us, was great.  We were so close to shaking his hand, could just feel the Spirit so well when we got close!  Was amazing!  All of my District wanted to sing in the choir, so I had to go.  It was alright I guess, I just don't do that.  When the devotional was all over we had to walk back, and it was pouring rain outside.  So we walked/ran, the police were getting mad that we weren't using the sidewalk, but you can't control 4,500 missionaries trying to get out of the water!
  The Spanish is coming along, just keep praying to the Lord for help.  We did this cool drill thing where people in our district played as an Investigator and was playing the don't-want-to-let-you-in.  Made you think very hard to get what they need and get them interested.  Our fake investigator was about to shut the door and I took a leap of faith and said, "Que es importanta en su vive?"  And he stopped and he said, "Mi familia," then I started preaching to him about the Plan of Salvation.  Told my comp, we don't always need to go by the books we need to go on what they need.
  Today is fast Sunday and it is killing me all that food I got and I have to wait till 6:20 pm to eat.  Well guess it's good for me all the Spiritual Blessings.  Everyone else love ya!  Can't believer time is flying by tell me what's been going on love hearing from you guys.
  Yo se que Jesuscristo es el Savador, yo se que Cristo muerte para mi pedados.  Yo se que Padre Celestrial y Espirto Santo aydame toda día.  Yo amarso mí familia, ustedes mucho bendice en mí vivo.  Gracias con de la lengua.  En el nombre de Jesuscristo.  Amen

Elder Webstero

No comments:

Post a Comment