Friday, September 13, 2013

"Nativo"

Family!
  Thanks for all of the packages and boxes I love getting them.  Especially for the U of U things and all of the Dear Elders, it is great!
  That's awesome that you saw Andonie!  Give him my e-mail address or something. I've got some questions about the soccer team.  Thanks for all of the letters!  Well we move to the West Campus.  And it is a huge upgrade!  Our class is just like an apartment building, our class is the living room with 4 desks.  We have a kitchen and 2 bathrooms, and to the left of the hallway is a fake investigator room that we teach in.  And then 2 more classrooms in the bedroom.  It is weird that we are studying in a living room, but it's nice and cozy.  Think it's in Raintree we are in the back corner and can see the football stadium, maybe we could hear the big game BYU vs.  Utah!
  Our house is just me and Valdez, we should have had the trio (trinidad) companions with us, but not all of them had a bed and they have to ALL have a bed...  BUUUUTTTTTT  there is only 2 so they got put into another room.  So we have 4 bed, 1 bathroom, and a living room all to ourselves!  It is really a blessing!  Don't have to wait for the shower, just the 2 of us.  I let Valdez shower first, so I can ponder in my bed a little longer.  But yeah, the move was really smooth and nice, we got our stuff packed it "neatly" and went on a bus that took us around, was really easy.  I don't know where the basketball courts are or where to workout yet, haven't had a chance but by the look of things, looks alright.  I'll send more pics of stuff so you guys can see for yourself.  I really feel this is my breaking through week.  I am so much better with the language, I can pick up Preach My Gospel and read it in Spanish, and say almost about anything in Spanish (Gospel Style), but still feels way good.  My comp and I are getting along a lot better now which is awesome!  I just feel like we are teaching a blot better now.  We had a lesson and it was our best one so far for this investigator.  More detail later.
  The food here is the same, can't escape the MTC food, hahaha no it's not that bad.  We have to eat in a big RELO.  The staff is nicer because they know more face and there aren't 3,000 of us demanding, well asking, for food at the top MTC.  Dinner yesterday, I was leaning on my chair like I always do and an older man in about his 50's came up to me and said, "Would Jesus be doing this?" I said," Jesus can do anything!"  The old man laughed and told me not to lean chairs, it hurts the chairs' backs.  But he stayed and got to know us and it is just a fun atmosphere.  I saw Griffen Clayton yesterday, this is his first full week here so that's pretty nifty.  He told me Steve Baxter is coming and I will be able to see him before I take off.  All of our District was just hit with some knowledge, we are 12 days till we get re-assigned or sent to Argentina (I think I maybe headed for Argentina...)  It is crazy to think about! We just were all thinking about it and Elder Mossman almost fainted, love that guy!
  We are playing this came called "Nativo," I am going to explain how to play and let's see if you can keep up.  It's a game were we have to speak a lot of Spanish.  Some one is the "Nativo" and tries to speak as much Spanish as possible so people will guess him as the "Nativo."  If he does his job right he gets a point.  Another role is "Mr.  Tampa," (Mr.  Cheat/Trick) he tries to trick people in thinking that HE is the "Nativo."  If you guess that person you lose points.  There are also, "Gringos," (2) and they TRY to speak a lot of Spanish.  If the "Gringos" get guessed by the "Nativo," they get an extra point, and if the "Gringos" guess the "Nativo" they get 3 points.  So this game got/getting intense.  I was the "Nativo" for the first round (switch roles everyday) and did an okay job, people did guess me, but right now I am tied for second with Mossman.  So let the games begin and 'May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor.'  Well that's about it, you'll get this letter and my e-mail on the exact same day so enjoy!

Elder Webster

Written on the front of the Envelope:

"Pero sin fe es imposible agrador a Dios; porque es necesario que el que se acuera a Dios crea que él y que es galardonador de los be buscean." -Hebreos 11:6

Written on the back of the Envelope:

Tell Emmy thanks for the quote on Robin Hood, was trying to think of that same one yesterday!
This is a good One!  "Remember who you are my son."  -Lion King (Symbolic to Padre Celstrial)

No comments:

Post a Comment