Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Which Webster?

Family!

Well got the package!  Love the ties, thanks for everything!  Grandpa Coles turning 86 man, that's an old man right there!  Hope the little canyon trip that Mom and Dad was fun.  Glad that you didn't get lost or haunted while you two were up there.  23 years?!  Geez that is awesome, time flies when...time flies.

Things here are doing the same, just gearing up to leave.  It's Tuesday and just been reviewing lots of things on the language.  One of my teachers Hermano Eaten said, "your language skills have jumped so much but they need to keep going."  We have this thing called ZRT's, which means you sign up for things and "floating" teacher help you out.  I signed up every single day, time to go hard.  Our older District just left and was sad they all went to Mexico.  I became good buds, I'll send pictures.  We had our Sunday Devotional and this guy who directed 17 Miracles can and talked to us.  Then he started to show some clips on that and something "Hanks" was a guy that could just heal anyone in that time.  (Which I thought was awesome.)  Then guess who cam on?  James Gaisford!  Was pretty cool to see, people looked at me and asked if I knew him and I said yeah I knew him.  Was coooool.  The speaker was really good wish it could have lasted longer.  Just as he was about to open up for Q and A.  Time ran out.

 So here's a new thing, we switch comps around.  I really have no idea why because we had never done that before.  It was just for Sunday morning the zone leaders met and told us that we had to switch these were orders come from the Branch President, I was still with Elder Valdez but we inherited someone else, his name was Elder Buckles.  It was a new experience, being in a trio, glad I had it.

Sunday, things were intense on Sunday.  I was asked to say the prayer (Sacrament for Bread/Water) in Spanish.  Was not too bad, but I had the water and when I was saying water I said "vino" (wine) and was half way down and was thinking to myself, I haven't said water yet.  So I started over, but it was alright didn't bother me...  that much.  After we sat down Branch President announces who will speak so he said "Elder Valdez" and then "Elder Webster."  So here's the crazy thing, that new district has an Elder Webster, so I was pointing to him trying to make him all nervous.  So when Valdez say down no one moved. I knew it was me, but the other Webster was really antsy and sweating.  I stood up and said, "Guess you're talking to me."  Everyone chuckled.  So I gave my first talk in Spanish about the Book of Mormon.  Was okay had my talk and tried to make it sound good, Pres said that my Spanish was coming along.  Made me feel really good.

After my talk Mr.  Valdez and I had to give a lesson on Recognizing the Spirit and Gift of the Holy Ghost (in English) to our District.  We had one of the Branch Presidents come in.  I had planned the lesson the day before so I took the reins and taught it.  In my opinion it was a really good lesson.

Well that's pretty much it so yeah love you all hope things are going good, I will write before I leave so PEACE!!

Love,

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment