Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sick Comp / World Cup

June 15

Okay so yes it is Monday so that means it is PDay!

This week has been difficult.  My companion and I are not getting along very well.  I feel like my companion does not want to go out and work.  He will go because he knows that he has to but is having a hard time putting forth much effort.  But we are working on things.

Cooking Lunch
We had a leccion with our investigator that came to church and she was asking a ton of questions - like a ton!  But I was giving her answers by asking questions back to her.  But not sure if she will keep coming.  She told us that she doesn't want us to look for her.  Just if she feels something like going to church she will come.  She wants to just do it on her own.  But we plan to pass by another time and help her along.  I explained to her that we are here to help people come unto Christ not to make them.  We will do everything to help you out to receive an answer to your prayers.  She had a hard time understanding, but we will see what happens.

My comp has a problem with his foot.  It has been going on for about 5 months.  We headed up to the doctor in Resistnecia to see if he could help.  We always go to the "rich" hospital and its like 200 peso for a 5 minute interview.  The doctor ordered a test so we had to go look for another place.  Found it but the place was  closed be cause of the siesta.  So we headed to the mission office where Elders work on visas.  My good friend Elder Ratliff is there so I helped him pack things in boxes to send out to other areas of the mission.  We went back to the doctor to set up an appointment for the test.  We got a call a couple of days later to tell us the machine was broke so we weren't able to keep the appointment.  My comp got sick that same day.  We had to stay in the whole day.  Woke up the next day and comp still sick.  Had to stay in the pension the whole day.  That was tough for me.  But I made banana bread and I ate it all.  Yeah fatty.  My comp was sick for 4 days.  Lets just say I was dying a little bit every day.  We didn't get a chance to look for people to go with us to church due to my comp being sick.

Burning Dad's Ornament - Growing mold!
World Cup is going on.  They have all the games scheduled in the paper with a big score card to keep track of everything.  I have members help me out with how wins and loses.  All of the Elders call me and ask me who won and lost.  My comp doesn't enjoy soccer.  I tried explaining it to him, but he doesn't get it.  Today Matia invited us over to have some food.  We made empenadas which were great.  Matia had the game on while we were making the food.  We watched Germany v Portugal.  Matia is just the best person ever.

This week we have to go to Resistencia for our meetings and maybe for the doctor again.  Next week we will meet to say goodbye to President Heyman.  That will be fun.   Loved the pictures of Danny and of all the cousins at the BBQ.  My throat hurts but is better.  I have a stuffy nose but got something for that.  It is cold sometimes but we have a little heter in our room now so that is good.  Love ya all and hope everything is going well for you guys.

Chau

No comments:

Post a Comment