Monday, October 21, 2013

Conference Weekend and Jeopardy (Oct, 7,2013)

  This week was better with the language.  I am getting to understand how the people mumble their words together and I am trying to really focus...  sometimes I just sit while my comp talks to the people which is fine with me.  So yeah nothing really happened.  We were tracking or looking for inactive people and saw this girl about the age of 20 pulling weeds and said Hola and she came over and talked to her for a little while.  So we gave her the run down of the first lesson, yes I said my parts that I did.  And she was really liking it so she invited us over again.  So we went over and out popped 3 more sisters I remember one name it was Maria, I feel bad but it's all good.  Their ages are 15, 20, and 22.  They really love us what I mean that because they are really flirty.  Like a lot.  So Maria, the first one we taught, came with us to the Saturday morning session of Conference, we brought 2 other girls around that age from the ward to help us out.  When the session was over she said that she really like it and then we asked the other what they thought.  They both said they like it but one of them was really hungry...  it was all good.


  We found another girl around the same age 20 her name is Diana and she came with us to the Sunday Session and she really like it.  I was happy that we were able to get people to come, it seems like a lot of people that let us in are girls and not guys but hey that's still pretty good.

  So yes it was conference and I loved it more that I ever had at home, go figure.  If you actually have to pay attention.  I'm not saying that I never had before but you know...  So they broadcast it in the Church in the chapel and there is a huge screen for the Spanish and in the other room across the hall there's a small TV for English.  So about 6 of us huddled around and we watched it, was kind of funny to see us all sitting like that.  We bought food and watched.  I kept the Webster Family tradition alive and bought food after priesthood so don't worry keeping it going.  We are 4 hours ahead of you so yeah watched in live.

  The other day we had an activity with the Youth and they played Jeopardy.  They had no idea what that was.  So we explained what it was but I don't think they really understood.  The questions involved scripture stories and prophet and gospel things.  Then we had one for soccer and they got those REALLY fast.  (Faster then the religious questions.)  There were 4 boys and like 10 girls on a team yelling and screaming it was really intense!  I was on a team and another Elder was on another and we were giving answers and the other team got mad saying that it wasn't fair to have the Elder's on the team.  It was really exciting!!!  

  I am set I'm trying to find someone to hem my pants cause people are saying that I look like a clown!  Some of my pants are good so don't worry Mom it's all good!!  Love you talk to you soon!

Elder Webster




No comments:

Post a Comment