Monday, October 21, 2013

Santa Fe, Argentina (October 1,2013)

  Yes I made it!!  Sorry I sent my 1st letter to the wrong e-mail!  I forgot!
  Yeah I am in an area called Santa Fe so that is 3 hours outside of Resistencia.  It is a pretty poor place here.  We are whitewashed, that means that 2 brand new missionaries are sent to a new plce with no experience of that place.  So it's kind of hard to get around but things are going good.

  
  So things are good.  Just haveing a hard time with the Spanish.  My comp is from Canada and has 3 months left of his mission.  So I am just letting him guide me to eternal success.  He is a pretty cool guy.  He speaks Spanish very well.  So I am really glad.  Song things about the Grand Mission of Argentina is that you don't knock on the door, you have to clap your hands and they will come out to talk to you if they want.  It's pretty cool.  When guys say hi they give each other a regular hand shake then they turn their wrist back so the thumbs towards them.  If that makes any sense so that is pretty sick I love it.  The food here is good, the pizza is the best, they just put so many different things on it.  I have no idea what's on it but is way good and I love it!  The people that drive here are scary!  There aren't really any traffic laws.  There are many one way streets.   But again no stop signs so people just really coast into the intersection and speed up if someone is about to hit them so yeah you can't have road rage here.  The girls do little kisses on the cheek to say hi to each other.  What else...... ummmmm....  so our apartment is pretty nice.  I am with two native speakers they're pretty cool people love them.  It is a nice place.

We taught these members and I really just sat there.  I know that this will take time but I want it now!!!!!!!  So yeah we were walking around and stopped to talk to these other member and I started talking to the little kids out side and gave them some gum.  The kids got comfortable and started talking a million miles and I just kept saying yeah and laughing, cause they are kids, they don't really ask question.  People have a hard time pronouncing my name, I laugh and make them keep trying!  

  Oh yeah there is another things that is called La Siesta, which is at 1 to 5 is nap time and people honor that thing here so well.  So we have a hard time tracking and talking to investigators at that time.  But yeah I am just working hard and trying to do spanish...  My friend told me in the MTC to love the people and learn the language so yeah that is what I am doing!!  But love you guys running out of time I'll tell some cool stories nest time.  Love you all!

Elder Webster


No comments:

Post a Comment